Thursday 25 April 2013

Soak it In

I was listening to this song the other night as I was washing the dishes, and even though I have heard it many many times before, God kind of used it to speak to me again, so I wanted to share it with you.


I was just beginning to make this post and I realized that this is very much connected to Cassidy's last post 'Slow Down'. These days DO go by and they are gone before we know it. So let's take the time to slow down, soak it in, and thank God.

Psalm 118:24
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Washing dishes is not something that I particularly dislike but nor is it something that I would choose to do for fun, but why I am I going to grumble about doing it and waste the time? I can NEVER get that time back.

And like it says in the song, 'like a September morning, like snow without a warning, like how the summer feels upon your skin'; I don't know about you but for me it is often very easy to take all those things for granted. 

I decided to enjoy the feel of the nice hot water on my hands. Today I challenge you to find 5 things that you are taking for granted and enjoy them!

God be with you!
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment