Friday 29 August 2014

Summer is...

How is already the last weekend of summer?!?!
I've been trying to soak it in as much as possible, and made a list of things that summer has involved for me this year :) 

Summer is...

Sitting on the porch bench reading,
warmth of the sun on my skin,
Peach juice dripping down my chin, 
Hot kitchen full of canning,
Buckets of peach skins & pits,
Corn on the cob,
Watermelon,
Ice cream,
Tan lines,
Sweaty curls in the not-so baby's hair,
Slower pace,
Jumping on the trampoline with the girlies,
Story time on the couch,
Early morning sunrise & Bible reading,
Peach pie with a gingerbread crust (for breakfast!!),
Swimming in the pool,
Watching the kids jumping competitions (and occasionally being in one too ;) ),
 Sunlight through the trampoline net, 
people falling over on the trampoline,
late nights and early mornings,
the animals we see on our walks,
long hours of sunshine,
bbq pizza,
your butt sore from a long bike ride,
strawberry picking: aching back and fingers & lips turned red,
playing in the sand (and being turned into a giant octopus ;) ),


I'm sure there's many many more... next season I think I will start a list right off at the beginning :)
What is on your 'Summer Is' list? 

The only thing that makes me somewhat ready for summer to be ending, is that fall is coming, and I just love how beautiful fall is :)

Blessings upon your day!
love Emma

linking up with Elizabeth  & Chantel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment