Wednesday 8 October 2014

31 Days :: {7} :: we need it

 Because, some days, I think I can do without celebrating. Sometimes because all I can see is the ugly, and other times because I think everything is 'just okay' without taking the effort to slow down and celebrate the beauty in life. 

But then I am reminded, that there is no neutral. Either we are celebrating, or we're shunning it and turning to despair and anger, even if we don't see it. And I believe that, as Shauna says, despair is a slow death. I. don't. want. that. 

From Shauna's Cold Tangerines:
"I need optimism and celebration and hope in the face of violence and despair and anxiety. And because the other road is a dead end. Despair is a low death, and a lifetime of anger is like a lifetime of hard drinking: it shows in your face and your eyes and your words even when you think it doesn't.
The only option, as I see it, is this delicate weaving of action and celebration, of intention and expectation."

So today, choose to let go of the frustrations, the deadlines, and the irritation with whatever it is in your life. If you hold on to them, it will show. Choose to celebrate. Take it one step at a time, what is something special you could do right now? could you make yourself a tea, hot chocolate, coffee, then savour it slowly, enjoying the feel of a warm mug in your hands? 




Look for the little things, they add up. They really are the beautiful within the ordinary. 

We need celebration, folks!
blessings,
emma 

Hey there friends! thanks for stopping by! You've found us at Day 7 of my 31 Days series on Celebrating Life. If you'd like to see all the other posts so far, you'll find them here :) (or here). 

No comments:

Post a Comment